IMODIUM® Plus works to relieve diarrhoea, and soothes cramps, wind and bloating. Used to treat short-lived bouts of diarrhoea, it contains an additional ingredient, simeticone which helps to soothe excess gas in the gut and relieve painful accompanying symptoms.
Directions for use:
Adults over 18 years:
Take 2 tablets initially, followed by 1 tablets after each episode of diarrhoea
Young adults aged 12 to 18 years:
Take 1 tablet initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement
Do not take more than 4 tablets in any 24 hour period.
Do not take this medicine:
- In children less than 12 years old.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Loperamide hydrochloride, Simeticone or any of the other ingredients of the caplets.
- If you have a high temperature (e.g. above 38ºC) or blood in your stools.
- If you are having a flare up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics
- If you are constipated or your stomach appears swollen
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- Imodium Plus Caplets only treat the symptoms of diarrhoea. In some cases, the cause of your diarrhoea may require treatment, if symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your doctor
- If you have severed diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal. You will need to replace the fluid by drinking more liquid than usual. Ask your pharmacist about special powders which replace the sugars and salts
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the caplets immediately and contact your doctor
- If you have liver disease. Check with your doctor before using the caplets. Some of the side-effects might be more troublesome
If you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy: ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
If you are breast-feeding do not take this medicine. Small amounts may get into your milk. Talk to your doctor about a suitable treatment.
The active substances are: loperamide hydrochloride (2 mg per tablet) and simeticone (measured as 125 mg dimeticone per tablet).
The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, acesulfame potassium, artificial vanilla flavour (includes propylene glycol, maltodextrin and benzyl alcohol), sodium starch glycolate type A and stearic acid.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine
We at Backhouse Pharmacy we are concerned for your welfare. If you find the need to use this product on a regular basis, please contact us or speak to your Doctor. As this product is not recommended for continued use and we have to limit the quantity we are allowed to supply. Please read leaflet enclosed carefully prior to using and follow information, instructions and dosage recommendations given. If you have any concerns please speak to one of our pharmacists in store for advise prior to using this product